Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Low End Theory

It's pretty clear with this post and the previous, that I have been obsessing over Alternative Rap lately. Not many artists have supported Hip-Hop from a critically-acclaimed standpoint, but the majority that did were part of its sub-genre Alternative Rap. From hippies like De La Soul and PM Dawn to brilliant weirdos like Missy Elliott and Busta Rhymes- they have influenced so many, yet their enigmaticness makes it nearly impossible for followers to imitate. Alternative Rap, by nature, has a translucence and free-flowing essence that is addicting and unsatisfying at the same time, only because it wants more. The true gems are unforgettable for their coolness and ease, meaning the subgenre title is misleading because Alternative Rap is in fact listenable and accessible for all music lovers- even if they have never heard anything like it before.








MISSY ELLIOTT'the rain'
Uploaded by banatchec. - Explore more music videos.



1 comment:

  1. wonderful post!

    Hi! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I love your blog and I'd like you visit my blog...if you want, follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ^^

    ReplyDelete